App update errors on external SSD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Vonjover, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Vonjover macrumors newbie

Vonjover

Apps get error when updating after i cloned my disk to an external SSD drive. Have you guys had this error before? I'm currently booting everything from my external SSD but my internal Macintosh drive with OS X is also still there. Could it be because of this?

2. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

adobe flash would constantly refuse to update when I ran an external SSD carbon copied from a pretty much factory fresh internal HDD

Disk util, command line checks, even an over install failed to find anything needing modified and all gave it a clean bill of health, yet problem persisted.

I ended up doing a complete install on it (boot to installer, erased the externals drive partition then installed to the empty partition)

Since then its been no bother at all

Anecdotal I know (and to be fair it was no great hardship for me as the flash installer issue cropped up and was spotted pretty early on before I started throwing major apps, document folders etc over to it)

Never encountered this previously when carbon copying 10.6/10.8/10.9 on the mac pros - just under 10.11 on this latest iMac