App Update Issue...Says There Is An Update But There Isn't

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phonewentwest, Nov 17, 2008.

1. phonewentwest macrumors regular

so like the title says... today i downloaded the google mobile app from the itunes store so it is the most current one. but when i check for updates on the iphone its says there is one for google mobile app (which looks like a previous version, the one in my itunes library is a newer number) but when the info screen comes up it says installed and is greyed out so i can't hit the button. i tried restarting the phone, deleting the app everywhere and re-downloading it
    but the stupid little '1 in a red circle' is on the app store icon. how can i get it to go away?
    -thanks

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I'm having the same problem myself. Happened before with other apps - I just removed them and forgot about it.

3. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

i had the same recently with an app i didnt want to delete cause i use it all the time. after 2 days the update disappeared when i had more updated from other apps. weird but as long as it disappears just like that i dont mind

4. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

well the update number finally vanished on its own. wierd!
    thanks for the responses