Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
So I know this topic was in the iOS 9 forum and I did not have this issue on iOS 9. However with iOS 10 (more so on 10.1) I've been having trouble updating apps.

When I update individually or all at the same time, it seems like it's trying to download (icon on the right starts to spin), but then it quits. I have to hit the update button multiple times before apps start updating, and not all of them update right away. Has anyone else been having this prob?

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
Didn't see it in 9.x.x (or rather, maybe didn't occur often enough to notice), but on 10.x.x it happens a lot:

-icon spins then stops and changes back to 'update
-icon spins but then fades out
-icon spins a quarter or halfway, giving me a false sense of success and then just freezes and doesn't do any. (when this happens with a new app i'm trying to download, it will appear like nothing happened and then 10-20 minutes later, it magically shows up on my apps screen) o_O

oh, and just last night, when updating yelp -- the icon changed back to 'update', it DIDN'T show the app badge on the app store showing an update was avaialbe, and the yelp app icon showed the blue dot indicating it DID update. that was fun.

Last edited:

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
So I know this topic was in the iOS 9 forum and I did not have this issue on iOS 9. However with iOS 10 (more so on 10.1) I've been having trouble updating apps.

When I update individually or all at the same time, it seems like it's trying to download (icon on the right starts to spin), but then it quits. I have to hit the update button multiple times before apps start updating, and not all of them update right away. Has anyone else been having this prob?

Just updated 3 apps and got the same problem, had to hit the update button several times before it actually starts working.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Ok glad to hear I'm not the only one. I never had a prob with iOS 9, but iOS 10 (more 10.1) seems to be an issue for me. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
thinking about it some more -- for those who have problems with app store downloads/updates, are you also using the weblock app or something similar?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Have had it more often back in iOS 9 days, and only once or twice so far with iOS 10. I'm almost thinking it's more of a backend type of issue/glitch somewhere rather than an iOS issue per se.

Reactions: simon lefisch

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Have had it more often back in iOS 9 days, and only once or twice so far with iOS 10. I'm almost thinking it's more of a backend type of issue/glitch somewhere rather than an iOS issue per se.

I'm thinking the same. Funny how it was causing trouble for you on iOS 9 but not for me. Now it's reversed lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.