App Update Issue.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sam10685, Aug 29, 2008.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Hi. I have 4 or 5 apps that want to be updated and I want to update them all at once like i used to be able to do but there's no button to do that. I have to go to each individual one and hit update. Really annoying. (i'm running ipod touch firmware 2.0.2 and itunes software 7.7.1)

(Before anyone tries to flame me for not searching the threads for my answer, I already did that. Here's a screen shot too.)

Edit: I also tried to update them via itunes but it still wants me to update them on my ipod.

Attached Files:

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I wish it was still on the iPhone since it worked great for me.

I think there's an update all button in iTunes.

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I have no idea why Apple took that button out.

Oh well. Hopefully they put it back in the next update.

4. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I don't really know for sure why that option was removed, but it seems easy to speculate that they took it off the iPhone because downloading and installing very many applications takes long enough that if you do multiples, you run into the point where the iPhone sleeps. How long that is depends on your settings. I had pretty much decided to only download one update at a time over the air anyway.

As was already said, you can update all apps at once in iTunes, and then you can sync them over all at once. That doesn't run into the issue of the phone timing out and interruption an unfinished installation.

5. stangdude22 macrumors member

Has anyone else had issues with just the update. Seems everytime I have an update, I will have to turn my phone off and on a few times because it will freeze half way through