App update / new blue dot

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Is it just me or has this been removed? I haven't seen it since beta 2 for 8.1 and am just curious.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
For what it's worth, I still see it. I just updated a couple of apps a few minutes ago and they all have blue dots. I'm on iOS 8.1.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Ever since they first introduced the app update/new app dots I have only seen them a few times.

Even in iOS 7 they would only show up when they felt like it

Edit: also after multiple clean installs without restoring from a back up and even new devices.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Is it just me or has this been removed? I haven't seen it since beta 2 for 8.1 and am just curious.
Ever since they first introduced the app update/new app dots I have only seen them a few times.

Even in iOS 7 they would only show up when they felt like it

Edit: also after multiple clean installs without restoring from a back up and even new devices.
For me it's right there, when I update on the iPhone it will show the blue dot, if I update from iTunes on the computer and then sync my phone, the blue dot doesn't show up, it's been like that since they put the blue dot after the update.

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
For me it's right there, when I update on the iPhone it will show the blue dot, if I update from iTunes on the computer and then sync my phone, the blue dot doesn't show up, it's been like that since they put the blue dot after the update.
Hmmm maybe its time for a restore... I haven’t seen it since I ran iOS8.1 Beta 1 & 2. Thanks for the replies.