App Update Notification

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by zippyplugs, Oct 11, 2014.

1. zippyplugs macrumors newbie

I'm a bit confused with IOS8 and app updates.
    I open iTunes and see there are updates to my apps. I download them and then proceed to connect my device to the computer and sync. (yes, I still use USB and iTunes to update my devices) The apps are updated and all is good.

My question is why does the devices App Store icon still indicate there are updates? I open the App store on my device and press updates button. I see the apps that were updated and there is button to open them. The "update all" button is not available which makes sense since the updates are installed. Anyway, I press the button to open the app and the app opens but does not get removed from the updates screen nor does the red counter on the app store icon reduce in number.

I see this behavior on 3 separate devices so its difficult for me to think this is a device specific thing.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why don't you just update the apps from the devices themselves.

3. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

I have been having the same problem with both an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air running iOS 8.0.2. If I update the app from the device, it doesn't happen. If I delete the app and reinstall, the badge notification goes away. I haven't found another way to fix it.

4. madam3181 macrumors newbie