app update woes since 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macrishi, Sep 25, 2008.

1. macrishi macrumors newbie

macrishi

hi, since upgrading to the new firmware 2.1 I am having all sorts of problems with my application updates.

Doing it on my phone results in a error message after loading and just before installing finishes. It basically says it will be available from iTunes.

When i download and sync new updates I get an error message which said following apps could not be installed.

I deleted the apps in question from phone and computer and re-downloaded from scratch which worked for most. (what a pain!)

However, I am having the same problem with new updates.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I should be doing?

2. nyfinest32 macrumors regular

no problems here. 2.1 update is working great for me. maybe try restoring?

3. likwidplastik macrumors member

I was having the EXACT same problem. I did a restore today to see if that would fix it. I updated an app today and it actually worked. So hopefully, the restore has fixed the issue. Give it a try.

4. macrishi thread starter macrumors newbie

macrishi

5. Lightbrazer macrumors member

Your 2.0.2 had a corrupt DRM file. Updating to 2.1 installed a second DRM file. The app store sees the good one and starts downloading then when it gets to the end it runs a check on both and fails on the corrupt copy you drug forward from 2.0.2 and says the app can't install. You can also get the problem where the app actually does install but 2 copies, one that installs and the other that says it can't and get it from itunes which will also then fail. You need to restore to factory so you have only one DRM file then it should work fine.

6. macrishi thread starter macrumors newbie

macrishi

Many thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated

7. macrishi thread starter macrumors newbie

macrishi

I can confirm that the restore worked.

On a side note, restore doesnt seem to remember icon locations for apps.