App updates issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by syclonefx, Dec 15, 2009.

1. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

Anyone else having an issue with App updates today? I download the update and nothing happens. My iphone shows I still have 3 app i need to update. iTunes does the same thing.

2. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Yep, I'm having the same issue. Driving me mad. I think a bunch of people are having the same problem. I haven't found a fix yet.

3. iphonehk macrumors member

I had this problem but I went to a different wifi hotspot (starbucks or anyone that is different) and did an app update again and the icon is gone.

So my experience is that to use 2 diff hotspots but it sounds really stupid.

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've been having the same problem off and on for about two weeks.

I can't find any pattern to it.

5. Mischka07 macrumors regular

+1, have been having this issue for several days now. I checked the app version too, it still shows the previous version so the updates don't even work. Also, the app store asks for my password every few seconds. I wonder if that has anything to do with the updates not going through.

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Have also had to update the same two apps 3 separate times over the past couple of days before it finally took. Don't know what is going on. Never had that happen in the past. :confused:

7. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

I've been having this issue for a couple weeks now, and it's driving me insane. Sometimes the app updates, but it still tells me there's an update available. Sometimes the app doesn't update until I do the update several times. Sometimes the app updates the first time, no problem.

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. None of my friends who have iPhones are having this issue.

8. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I've been told by an App Dev that the iTunes App Store is doing some upgrades. It's on Apple's end not your phones, it's the same for a lot of people updating apps.