App updates "not available"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss.king, Jul 21, 2010.

1. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Ok, I've searched for about 30 mins for this topic in all iPhone/iTunes/App forums on MR and didn't find an answer.

When I update apps in iTunes or on my iPhone I am offered a number of updates, but there are always 2 apps that don't update. I constantly have a "2" next to apps in iTunes but when I try to update them it say no updates were available.

Obviously this isn't a serious issue but it is annoying. Has anyone here figured out what causes it or how to get rid of it?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

do you have more than one account? or have you bought an app with a different account in the past?

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That sounds like it to me.

iTunes will tell you "x updates available", but when you click on the option to update them it wont show you updates for apps downloaded using another account.

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I purchased a couple apps by mistake in the past on another account and just found out I had to log into those accounts to update those apps.

Now my question is can I move the ownership of those apps to the main account I use?

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

that would be a question for apple, I am in similar situation were I have two accounts for the UK (mainly cause I could never get one to work) and so once in a blue moon I will get an app update for that account.... be interesting to see what apple would say on the matter. In fact I shall send a request to apple about this very question now lol

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Doing the same :D

7. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

I have 2 accounts and regularly log in to both and update. The 2 unavailable updates only appear when logged in to 1 of them. I might try deleting the apps i dont use often and see if that fixes anything.

I'll try remember to post updates if i manage to figure it out. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.