App updates suck...

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I downloaded new update for facebook and I hate it. How do I revert back to previous version? Would I have to reset my phone and restore from my old iPhone 4 and then it will update old app???

Brettka7

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2011
The new one is a little more difficult to use, but WAY, WAY more reliable IMO.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you have the old version of facebook.app on your itunes library then you can delete the one on your phone and resync the old one.
You dont need a restore.
If you deleted the old facebook version from your itunes then you're SOL and cannot revert to the old one.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
If you have the old version of facebook.app on your itunes library then you can delete the one on your phone and resync the old one.
You dont need a restore.
If you deleted the old facebook version from your itunes then you're SOL and cannot revert to the old one.
Ahhh thanks!! Good idea!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
You dont need a restore.
Worked! Thanks so much!! Will not do any other updates for other apps. I always hate the new versions.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Before updating I always read the description of what's new (to see what I gain or lose by updating) and read the reviews ("most recent" will reflect the newest updates). I currently have at least 20 apps that I haven't updated in the last year because the updates have lost functions that I want/need. You can't blindly update anymore because there can be some unpleasant surprises, as you discovered. :(

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
You dont need a restore.
I just got the mini and want to download only certain apps that are old version. How do I sync the old apps I like off of my iphone or iPad?

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Before updating I always read the description of what's new (to see what I gain or lose by updating) and read the reviews ("most recent" will reflect the newest updates). I currently have at least 20 apps that I haven't updated in the last year because the updates have lost functions that I want/need. You can't blindly update anymore because there can be some unpleasant surprises, as you discovered. :(

exactly what I do and thank goodness for the improved app store because it's easier to use to read reviews, and updates. I always read the reviews before I update. I do like that the new fb allows sharing...about darn time for that.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Maybe next time read the description and reviews first that way you can tell if anyone else is having problems.
Obviously I read the description. Hahahahah. There are minor changes that I hate that they definitely do NOT list. For example, after you click on a photo, it flips around and basically turns into another pop up window. Etc. it's usually the format or set up I hate.

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
Obviously I read the description. Hahahahah. There are minor changes that I hate that they definitely do NOT list. For example, after you click on a photo, it flips around and basically turns into another pop up window. Etc. it's usually the format or set up I hate.
So use safari. I don't see how a simple photo "flip" is such a bad thing. Get some perspective!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.