App Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Morning All,

Ive had the same card# on my iTumes account for quite a few years and never had any problems, however I cannot install any free apps or update any apps because it keeps on telling me my credit card declined? Why would it be trying to charge my card? I don't remember having this issue before?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Is the card on the account currently expired?

It may be the same card company but periodically the cards they issue do expire. If you haven't entered a new one for the account in a while, even though your credit card company sent you a new card, then the one on account may be expired.

3. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

It expired a few weeks ago, and i put the new one in and it worked fine up until yesterday after I did a system restore, it wouldn't let me update an app saying that my card declined. I think what bugs me though is why is it trying to charge my card for a free app or an app update.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, strange.

I've never had that happen. Maybe if you log out of the app store and then log back in?

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

iTunes sometimes makes you re-verify your 3 digit security code. Try re-entering that and then a purchase from the app store.

6. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. cynics macrumors G3

Apple requires a valid payment method. A lot of "free" apps offer in app purchases.

There are ways to setup an account with "none" as the payment option. But I don't think you can let an expired card sit on there for long.