App Windows?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Guardsix, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Guardsix macrumors member

Guardsix

I'm looking for an app that I thought I already had installed but it doesn't seem to be working now.

If I pointed at an app icon on my dock, it would pop up a kind of shadowy look of any windows I had open for that app. Like if Safari was open and I had two versions of it running, it would show me those two windows and I could click on the one I wanted to view.

Anyone know what app or even setting this would be?

2. simsaladimbamba

Did it look like this?
    [​IMG]

That is DOCK EXPOSÉ, and is a feature of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and above. You just click on a Dock icon and hold the mouse button and see all open windows of that application.

3. Guardsix thread starter macrumors member

Guardsix

Nope, not what I was looking for. The program I was looking for would just pop up small black/grey windows just above the dock app icon. Windows 7 does this but their small windows are in color! Just trying to get the app window pop-ups back. It's nice to be able to see when you have two or more tabs open in a browser or two browser sessions going at the same time when one session is hiding the other.

4. Guardsix thread starter macrumors member

Guardsix

BINGO! That was it! I don't know why this stopped working since I apparently bought the app back in July 2011.

Thanks. I really appreciate the help.