App Zoom Feature for Users

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by bgd223, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bgd223, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

bgd223 macrumors newbie

I've followed tutorials in which you can have an image view within a scroll view, and then zoom in on the image and pan. However, I am interested in having the capability to zoom in on the entire view (specifically through double tapping), and enlarge everything (labels, buttons, images, etc). I have spent days looking for help in vain, so I have come here. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

This is build in the iOS (Accessability), if you put the zoom mode on, you can do a tripple tap to zoom in, and double tap, hold on the second tap and go up/down for zooming.
    I love it for pixel perfect debugging..

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I've always used Mac OS's zoom + the simulator for this.

Thanks for pointing out a way to do it during device testing!

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Works well if you have a iPad Retina for iPhone apps, because iPad 3 uses the retina graphics, so it's easier. Just some small hints, but works well on the iPhone too ^_- i used to do it too with the simulator, but once you start using libraries like zbar/UA, sometimes you can't build on the simulator and it's device only, so therefore. I use this function :)

5. bgd223 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is not what I meant. I am looking for a way for the user to zoom within the app, not the developer in xcode.