Apparently, apple doesn't want to accept their mistake :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khunkami, Dec 8, 2013.

1. khunkami macrumors newbie

khunkami

I just posted this on Apple Forum and they deleted my post 3 minutes after posting. Here is the post
    ----
    Hello,

I bought Macbook Pro Retina 13" late 2012 from Apple Canada Refurbished website. Macbook was fantastic running smoothly without any problem until last month.Bottom Left side of trackpad seems loosened so it creates click sound by simply putting my finger on it.

Well, I brought my Macbook to Apple store in Calgary (had to use a sick day to go Calgary because it takes me 1.5hrs to drive to get there) to get it fixed as apple forum advised me (buy the screw driver or get apple tech fixed). Technician happily brought my Macbook to backroom and told me he screwed up the loosen parts beneath the track pad. As soon as I came home, trackpad was still loosened and made very annoying sound.

Few days after, I went to Apple Store in Calgary again for same matter. This time, a genius with business relation uniform came to me and he will make sure to get it fixed with 2 hours waiting time because there was another unit for repair ahead. He told me they had to take the black plastic part this time and rescrewed in everything. I came home and WALLA,,, it is not fixed at all. There goes my 2 sickdays gone.

I started apple support chat immediately and they kept telling me to visit apple store again or local authorized repair team. (3 different representative, 3 same answer. Even senior support manager had a chat with me and told me same answer). I am so disappointed end-quality on Macbook Pro Retina and Apple Support's mechanical customer service.

PS: it still makes click sound everytime I touch trackpad. The MBPr is not even 1 year old ;(

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

FWIW, Apple's forums are for users assisting other users with technical questions. They delete posts that don't contain technical questions.

Sorry about your trackpad problem. You didn't notice the trackpad being lose when you picked up your notebook after each repair, before leaving the store? You drove hours home and then you checked it and voila it was lose?

Why can't you ship your notebook in for a repair instead of all of this driving? I have an Apple Store 20 minutes away but still usually ship my stuff in for repair instead of going there. There's no extra charge and it's all over-night shipping.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Do you realize your trackpad is suppose to click?

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I sympathize, but you may just have to go back and try a different genius or ship your machine for repairs. And I'm not surprised at the response you got from calling them; I tried calling them about a hardware issue as well. Is go back to the store if you can and be firm but not rude. Be sure they not that you've been in several times now with the same issue. And definitely check it before you leave the store.

5. ramzijw, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013

ramzijw macrumors member

my question is....why didn't you check the trackpad out the first time....heck you should of definitely checked it the second time. as they say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

but at the end of the day you have bought a product and you expect it to work like its meant to. its not good that the issue wasn't resolved the first time.

6. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

You obviously have never had a track pad go bad on you..

Even just putting your finger on the track pad will produce a clicking sound.
    It doesn't click down 100%, but it makes the clicking sound, if that makes sense.... and it is VERY annoying.

Eventually the track pad will go out, or you will start to notice erratic behavior.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So why did you leave the store twice before checking the trackpad? Weird.

Call apple again and tell them you've been there to fix it twice and there's no resolution.

8. bp1000 macrumors 65816

It is very simple, check the trackpad with them in store before you leave after a fix.

If it still doesn't work, leave it with them to fix and suggest they ship it back to you.

If they can't fix it for a third time, ask for a replacement.

All apple stores I've dealt with inside their retail network have been great. Authorised resellers will have a mixed experience.

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I'm not seeing where Apple "won't accept their mistake" so the title is a misnomer. Sounds to me like they've tried to make good on this. The OP is more at fault for not checking after the second trip.

10. wmkim macrumors member

As many others have said... I would've definitely checked the repair on-site if I had to drive that far to get the unit fixed.

Relatedly, the Apple Store geniuses/techs always demonstrated what they repaired and checked the repair with me at pick-up to make sure I was satisfied with the job.

Not saying it 'never' happens...but in all the different repairs/issues I've gone to the Apple Store with (for iPods, iPhones, Mac computers, etc.) over the years...whether it was for AppleCare or not... I've never walked away thinking "they don't want to own up to a mistake".

11. nealh macrumors 6502

Are you kidding me. They take to the back and "repair it". Then giving back without testing it. If it makes the noise for him, it makes for them too.

They need to fix it correctly. Seems if it was a loose screw, it would be a very easy fix.

12. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Where is that "Not accepting their mistake"?

Not accepting it would be saying that they won't fix it. And the OP bears as much responsibility for taking it without rechecking. I live an hour from an Apple store, when I take one in I check before I leave. It's only common sense, and more so when it's inconvenient to get there.

Now I agree that it should have been fixed correctly, but the OP's not saying that they're now saying they won't fix it, so therefore it's not "They won't accept their mistake" Things sometimes don't get fixed correctly. Sometimes techs misconstrue the complaint. Sometimes owners are idiots too.

13. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

I notice that i get the same creaking sound from my track pad based off temperature fluctuation. What I mean is if my macbook is out side lets say in my car and its hot then i come inside where it is noticeably cooler it will creak and crack even just by the slightest touch on it. I assume it has to do with metal and temperature flex since its uni body and whatever else the track pad is made out of.

Some days it works like a charm with no noises other days it creaks....just another fallacy in apple design/materials we have to live with and feel like complete idiots when we go to see a smart little genius boy in a cool blue shirt who looks at you like " wtf are you talking about apple is perfect and everyone is always wrong" employee.

God i hate apple stores and their smirky little employees.

14. khunkami thread starter macrumors newbie

khunkami

trackpad

I obviously tested trackpad both times right after they brought MBPr to me.
    As soon as they screw up, it is fine.
    I don't know how the logic works the screw gets loosened 2 hours after repair.

There's no mail-in-repair system in Canada. On-chat rep confirmed that to me.
    Trust me. When this happens to you, you will flip out for sure.