Apparently bought MAC OS X10.5 Upgrade (need OS?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gstoddar, Jul 26, 2009.

1. gstoddar macrumors newbie

I work for a non-profit group and received 4 MACs that have been wiped of all of its information on the hard drive. I order Mac Family 10.5.6 thinking I could load this as the new OS for these computers. In reading the instructions, it appears this is an upgrade set of software. It says to install disk and click on the install icon. Being that these computers have nothing on the hard drives, does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to get these computer up and running?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What does the disc look like?

If you bought the family pack, you should be fine. Just insert the disc, then boot while holding C to install.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Insert the disc and boot off of the DVD using 'C' or Option after hearing the boot tone.

4. te9055 macrumors newbie

Their is no such thing as a retail upgrade copy of leopard (unless you received it on apples up to date program), if you put the disk into the computer you want to install it on and hold the "c" key while turning it on or the "alt" key and select the os x install disk as the boot disk you will be able to install leopard on to the computers.