Apparently Gain$aver is BBB Certified Now

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by raysfan81, Apr 22, 2010.

1. raysfan81 macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

2. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

Why play with snakes? Plenty of other reputable outfits selling Macs.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

BBB is a joke.

The BBB is a joke.

It's an extortion racket of businesses. "Pay us to join, or we won't let you respond to complaints." It is 100% funded by 'member' businesses. (AKA, any business that displays "BBB accredited".)

Oh, and *ANY* response to a complaint, and the BBB considers it "resolved".

Read the BBB's "How we rate" for an enlightening view.

The letter rating is based on their percentage of points (out of 90) they get.

Notes:

That's right. NOT ANSWERING complaints is the biggest way to get deductions. Complaint volume, no matter how high, still results in positive points.

More:

Yup. Even if EVERY SINGLE ONE of your complaints is "unresolved", you still get at least one positive point toward your score. And, again, even "serious complaints" won't deduct from your score. Only completely ignoring the customer will deduct.

A business can get positive points from the BBB for literally immediately telling every single complaint to "f--- off!" 3 points added if they get 1000 claims of fraud per day, and tell each one to "f--- off!". Yet if they completely ignore their one-and-only complaint, no matter how minor a complaint, they get docked points.

The BBB is the stupidest organization ever.

P.S. Yes, I'm a business owner. I refuse to join that corrupt organization. No, I do not have a single bad spot on my BBB rating, even though, by not being a member, I do not have any opportunity to respond to any complaints. The only way to become "BBB accredited" is to go through their "accreditation" process, aka "sales pitch", and pay $500 or more a year. And they play hardball. "Your business has had a report, which may be negative. You need to go through accreditation to have any opportunity to refute this report." My report was positive. I know, because the customer told me they were filing a positive report with the BBB.

Oh, yeah. They won't even tell you who filed the complaint unless you're a member. So you can't even have the CHANCE of responding without being a member. Automatic point deduction for not paying their $500+/year extortion fee.

4. raysfan81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

I don't need a mac I need Leopard box set and unfortunately they have the lowest price :(

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Believe it or not, last month when the logicboard on my G5 iMac went (this time it was out of warranty) the "Genius" at my local apple store gave me the address for their website & recommended I purchase thru them since they were the cheapest around.. He was genuinely trying to be helpful.. My jaw almost hit the floor when he said it but maybe they're getting their act together? I can't see me ever taking a chance on them but the Genius was adamant that I would get a great deal here..