Apparently no longer resolved?? iTunes caught in loop asking me to sign in

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by RoboCop001, Mar 15, 2012.

1. RoboCop001, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Hi all,

After updating to iTunes 10.6 I've had a problem where iTunes gets stuck in a loop asking me to sign in to my Apple ID.

I am already signed in and it keeps asking me to sign in to activate Automatic Downloads. I enter the correct password and it simply asks me again. It just keeps going until I click Cancel.

I just subscribed to iTunes Match yesterday as well and it asked me for my password to add my MacBook Pro to iTunes Match. Same problem. It just keeps asking me. So I've now paid for iTunes Match and am unable to use it.

I am not able to add things to or view my Wish List either because it keep asking me to sign in to view or add to it.

I'm also not able to even view my account information in iTunes.

I've tried deleting iTunes preferences which made it forget my Apple ID so I could sign in fresh. Same result. I tried signing out, quitting iTunes and signing back in. Same. I even tried restarting my Mac. Nothing. I've searched around these forms and on Google. Others have the same issue but I have yet to find a solution that works for me.

I've contacted Apple via email but they haven't offered any solution yet. They just directed me to a couple of articles that told me what I already knew about signing in and using iTunes Match.

Everything works fine on my iPhone 4 running 5.1.

Any ideas?

2. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've finally found a solution!

It's from a troubleshooting article in the Apple support pages for a similar but different problem.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389

Basically, here's what to do...

Quit iTunes and any other open applications until only Finder is open.
    Choose Go > Go to Folder.
    Type /Users/Shared/SC Info
    If Finder is not already set to column view, set it by choosing View > as Columns.
    Select the SC Info folder and move it to the Trash by choosing File > Move to Trash.
    Restart the computer and open iTunes.

That should do it. Hopefully this helps others.

3. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wtf???

I got home tonight and opened up iTunes. This problem started happening again and the above solution no longer works.

And now my Mac thinks I've never added it to iTunes Match.

It still works perfectly fine on my iPhone and I can access a great deal of my library there now, but I still have a few hundred songs to match or upload. But now I can't do that because of this damn problem.

I can no longer access my account info or purchase history. Nothing!

And instead of the progress screen, the iTunes Match screen displays "Add this computer" ..... Extremely frustrated.

4. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

Alright. I give up.

It's working again.

I didn't do anything other than put the computer to sleep over night.

Won't be surprised if it stops working again.

[raises hands in surrender, walks away]

5. McGiord, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I am experiencing the same problem.

I deleted the SC Folder and still see the same eternal password request from iTunes.

I am able to connect to my iTunes account in my iPhone but not through my MacBook Pro.

I sent an email to Apple support...

I tried calling Apple phone service, and it has become a loop of automated questions, my Apple experience is going towards the uncertainty.

Any solution for this?

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I found a solution.

iTunes requires Safari cookies to be enabled for all.

Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Block Cookies: ✓ Never [enabled]

And after confirming my password once, it now doesn't continue to ask.

After this I was able to manage my account, enable Genius and iTunes Match.

7. noodlehead macrumors member

iTunes asks for password every time I open it

Not sure if this is related:
    iTunes recently began asking me to log in every time I open iTunes. I find this annoying. If I hit Cancel it will pop up up again after several seconds, and Cancel again makes it go away--and then everything works fine. Did Apple make a change or did I do something? There isn't even an option to save the password. I don't get why I should have to log in unless I am buying something from the store. Tried Safari cookies accept and it made no difference.

8. Caesar_091 macrumors regular

Caesar_091

This solved it all!

Thanks Man ;););)