Apparently nobody went to Walmart.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aarong50, Jun 24, 2010.

1. aarong50 macrumors regular

Friend just called them and they got 1 in and nobody bought it. He is on his way down to buy it and cancel his July 14th preorder.

2. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

The closest Wal-Mart to me had none and was not aware when they were going to be getting a new one.

3. CIA macrumors 6502a

No Walmart iPhones around me either. I called and the guy said they didn't get any in stock.

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Wow how lucky for him. I would have never thought to check in a Walmart.

5. GNice macrumors 6502

I got mine at Walmart this morning. Got there at 6:30 and not a soul around. :)

6. TaylorBoi macrumors member

The Wal Mart here also got one iPhone....and its still there lol

7. 3kids macrumors regular

I went last night to get a case for mine. The guy said they got them in, but couldn't sell cases until tomorrow per Apple. (?) He didn't even know if they would have the phones. But he wasn't budging on the case.

8. aarong50 thread starter macrumors regular

It's pretty dumb to ship 1 phone. Why couldn't they send like 10?

9. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

I went to mine at 5:30am and someone was already there--apparently, they spent the night there.

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yeah we just called our local Walmart (in Orlando, FL) area just for fun. They claimed to have only one Apple 16GB 4th gen. available. But they said they sold it already. Probably some store employee already purchased it.

We got our iphones preordered so it should come this morning/afternoon before 3pM.

11. Doom878 macrumors member

They actually held it? The employees here would buy it and resell on ebay.

12. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Because supply is low enough as it is. They'd rather fill the pre-orders and stock their own stores than put a bunch of phones in the hands of Walmart, Radio Shack, & Best Buy.

13. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

The Walmart I went to had three iPhone's available. I arrived late last night, expecting a big crowd. No one really showed up until 7:45, and many people were told that there were only three iPhone's for sale.

14. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

They have bumper cases at wal-mart??

15. iVanessa macrumors member

my Walmart got 3. I called them at 6:30 this morning & there were 2 people in line. I drove there as fast as I could & ended up being #3. yayyy for $2 cheaper!!! hahahahaa :)

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I was lucky enough to get a 16GB Black from Wally world this morning. Only 1 iPhone at one store, 5 at the other. Some poor guy had a place in line but had to leave abruptly, so I got the last one.

17. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

18. sstern1 macrumors member

I went to Walmart this morning and they didn't even know they were supposed to have it. Called another one and they said they are still waiting on their shipment...

19. 3kids macrumors regular

Went back today and the clerk didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Never heard of iphone 4. Never saw any cases for such a thing....

No luck at Radio Shack either.

20. thedge18 macrumors member

I went to Walmart at 8 this morning, thinking I was getting there early because I was told their electronics department opens at 9. However, there was a lady at the counter purchasing the one iPhone 4 that they received. Bummer. If only I'd gotten there 20 minutes earlier.

Does anyone think I have a shot going to Radio Shack at noon, at which point they may decide to sell any unclaimed preorders?

21. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

If they even got any in to cover their reservations, maybe.

22. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Here in Central Arkansas i called 3 Walmarts. Store A had 3 phones, Store B had 1, and Store C had 14 phones! I went to store C at 12:30 am to begin waiting in line. 3 people were ahead of me. They issued each of us a ticket and told us to go back home and go to bed. They said if we were back by 8 we would be able to redeem our ticket for an iPhone. Thats exactly what i did. Rolled back up to the Walmart at a quarter to 8, went to the electronic dept where 13 people were waiting and they began helping individuals in the order that they acquired a ticket. So i was in and out pretty quickly with a good nights sleep. Very civilized and organized on Walmart's part. Kudos to them!

23. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's like getting Prime Rib at White Castle...sure, it may be good, but you'll never be able to wash off the feeling.