Appdelete download

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DELINDA, Sep 20, 2009.

1. DELINDA macrumors regular

I read in Mac kindergarden that Appdelete is a good program to download if you want to clean up junk . Has anyone Used it and what was it like . Do you recommend it

2. wrik macrumors newbie

I can recommend AppZapper for general clean-up routines. It's as easy as drag-and-dropping :)

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're the same thing, except AppCleaner is free and updated once in a while. Not true for AppZapper.

5. jon08 macrumors 68000

6. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

AppClean went payware a few weeks(?) ago. Shame, but I am actually on the verge of paying the $13. It's sort of worth it, but then it sort of isn't.

Maybe I'm weird...

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

AppCleaner and AppDelete do a comparable job. I prefer AppCleaner's interface, but that's just me.

8. jon08 macrumors 68000

I've been an AppZapper user for months now, but since it hasn't been updated in ages I decided to give AppCleaner and AppDelete a try as well.

And it seems that out of the three AppDelete does the "thoroughest" job. Check the pic I've attached for comparison. I've also tried the same experiment with several other apps, and AppDelete always seemed to grab certain app leftovers that neither AppZapper nor AppCleaner had picked!

P.S.: someone above mentioned that AppClean went payware recently. Firstly, I believe you mistook AppCleanER for CleanApp, which is a bit of a different app than what we were discussing here. Secondly, AppCleanER is still a freeware from what I know. :p

Attached Files:

9. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I guess I did...
    I think Mac OS X needs some kind of database over which file belongs to which applications, so it becomes easier to delete preferences, cache and stuff... These programs shouldn't be necessary.