Appe Watch 42MM SS Black Power Issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wicked1, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

anyone have a watch just turn off and not power up again? no matter what I do I can not get this to turn on, and since I do not have Applecare it does not go anywhere near water. I tried to charge it but it still wont turn on? I have a Genius Bar appointment at 5 today, but thought I would see if this is a problematic issue with these things?

2. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Hasn't been a problem with mine, not even after washing it daily. Let us know what Apple does for you.

3. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I have 42 mm SS black. I have not had this problem.

4. nicho macrumors 68000

5. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

Good thing they didn't make a white one lol.

In all seriousness, I
    Good thing they didn't make a white watch.

6. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i have an SB LB and SS LB and have never encountered this on either.

since you've already made your trip, was it a fixable issue or did they have to replace it?

7. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Apparently there was a software issue on my phone which there was, I lost all my data, and then it wiped out the watch and it got stuck running an update. 1 hours later, new iPhone, working, and watch reset and working, odd issue even guys at Genius bar said it was odd.

8. Bmoreguy03 macrumors regular

Bmoreguy03

9. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Wife's 38 did that. Spent almost an hour on phone with Apple with no luck. All it did was show the hockey puck with red lightning and would get warm like it was charging but wouldn't. Apple replaced it with new one that would not stay connected and needed to be rebooted to connect sometimes twice a day. She is now on 3rd watch and so far so good. Not having AppleCare won't matter as they will replace it under warranty. Should be a new one so I'd think about adding AppleCare+ to it if you can.

10. mp3junkie macrumors newbie

Yes, this happened to me yesterday. I was wearing my watch and it suddenly turned off and nothing I did would work to get it to turn back on. I was able to contact a nice tech from Apple Support and got the fix right away. I had to do a hard reset of the watch by pressing the two buttons on the side of the watch for 10 seconds. Once you do that, you will have to wait for several minutes until your watch powers up again. All is good now with my watch.

11. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I had my watch act the same way several times over the past weekend. It all started by not connecting to my watch, even though it was on the same wifi and within Bluetooth range. It was also shutting off, even though it still had plenty of juice. I did the same, hard reboot to get it to connect, but it required several attempts. To get it to fully work, I had to reboot my phone as well.