APPEAL: Stop this Non-sense Bend Topic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hbennis, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbennis macrumors member

hbennis

Hi Everyone,

I am amazed how much publicity this bending (non-) issue has received as of late. Do you guys realise that Unbox Therapy's infamous video is now 3rd most viewed iPhone video on Youtube ever?? It's currently stacking 45+million views (in only 5 days) and is still going strong. Unbox Therapy has never seen this gold mine of ads revenue coming to them, ever!

We are basically making them (and other fools who jump on this bandwagon) rich (er) as we speak. Sure this post add to the awareness of the topic, but I sincerely wish to build people awareness rather on how much it's benefiting those YouTubers and hopefully we can all come to census to put this into rest (at least in this forums).

It's insane, isn't it? but how can we put a stop to this? Sure, it's the open Internet and new people will come late to the party wanting to share views, etc.. But this has got to stop.

We are basically feeding our own demise as iPhone and Apple fans and community. The real losers will be us, not Apple, and certainly not the makers of said YouTube videos.

Please put this to rest already, and enjoy whatever phone you have.

Attached Files:

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

...yet here you are...propagating it further instead of letting it die....

3. hbennis thread starter macrumors member

hbennis

True

I agree, I merely want to draw people's attention to how much YT makers are benefiting from our talk.

Admins, please feel free to close this topic. Actually, all bend topics should be closed once and for all. Perhaps, the Admins should keep ONE thread where anyone who wants to rant about this can go to, at least we keep the forum clean.

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

No s___, Sherlock. I am sick of all the horrible, ridiculous bend threads as well. I come to this forum, especially when new products are released, to read constructive conversations about enjoying/using our new devices. I enjoy hearing/giving advice when someone has a problem and sympathize with anyone having genuine trouble with their device but this Bendgate phenomenon is troubling and is ruining the Macrumors forum.

5. hbennis thread starter macrumors member

hbennis

So is there anything we can appeal the Admins of MacRumors forum to do? You think they can close all bend_____ threads (including this one), maybe keep 1 master thread for fool's rant?

I genuinely want to see if there is anything practical the Admins can do to put a stop.

6. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

The threads complaining about bendgate are just as annoying

7. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I don't have a problem with anyone seeking help or sharing a genuine problem, even bending, with their phone but this is ridiculous and completely out of hand.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Just post to the Site & Forum Feesback forum.

9. hbennis, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

hbennis thread starter macrumors member

hbennis

Will do! thanks for the suggestion.

Here is the link to the Site & Forum Feedback: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19950377

If anyone is interested in making this happen, please reply on the other thread.

Thanks!

10. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

What if your iPhone just bent while you typed a reply on here?
    Check it out. And post pics if it's bent already.

11. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

gj throwing another log to the fire, stop posting about it n let it die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.