Appearance Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brettb21, Feb 4, 2008.

1. brettb21 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone - new here, have a question about my Macbook Pro - was purchased back in May of 2007....love it, no real issues, just a blemish seeing if anyone had this same issue with theirs....

It is located on the button you push in to open the lid....digital camera isn't functioning currently so I can't take a picture...but has anyone's button turned a black color? basically right above the button, the little rectangular trim has turned black...tried cleaning it but thinking its permanent...thanks for any tips! :apple:

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

If it's what I think you're talking about, mine's black too...but I think that's normal. Mine goes silver (button), ring of black, ring of silver.

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

i guess the part is plastic with a coat of paint which probably peeled off.

4. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Well if you think its permanent marker you can put a little alcohol in the tip of napkin or something and very carefully rub it. Hope this helped.

-Victor

5. brettb21 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys, no...i didn't mean permanent marker...i meant it looks like a permanent blemish...guess paint peeled...im just picky with keeping the appearance flawless i guess haha :mad:

6. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

I have the same thing... It's just the metal corroding and oxidizing from usage...

7. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

i like to keep things looking good too. the issue with the lid button is that it's difficult to press and most of the time one must use the nail thus scratching it faster.

8. brettb21 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Nope bro, sorry there's no fix. This happened to my PB and I ended scratching the whole thing in order for it to have a consistent look but I do not recommend doing this.

-Victor