Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
In leopard under System prefs where change whether to have Blue or graphite appearance.. is there a way to have everything graphite but leave the "Close" "Minimize" and "Maximize" buttons on the blue theme!

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
You can dig really deep in the system files and I'm sure you'll be able to find the 'blue' buttons and the 'graphite' buttons. Copy the blue buttons to where the graphite buttons are, restart, repair permissions, and change the theme to graphite. That should do it.

What else changes besides the scroll bars and buttons? There is a pretty sweet hack that turns all of the scroll bars, system wide, to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie scroll bars. Much better looking in my opinion.

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
You can dig really deep in the system files and I'm sure you'll be able to find the 'blue' buttons and the 'graphite' buttons. Copy the blue buttons to where the graphite buttons are, restart, repair permissions, and change the theme to graphite. That should do it.

What else changes besides the scroll bars and buttons? There is a pretty sweet hack that turns all of the scroll bars, system wide, to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie scroll bars. Much better looking in my opinion.

What hack is that?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I'm getting a 404 when I try and download that package. I wish I had used these instructions when I did this hack. That way I'd be able to revert back to the default look at will. I have set up a whole bunch of apple scripts that alter the look of the dock, the way the finder works, and all sorts of things. It'd be great if I could switch window scroll bar styles on the fly too.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Actually, just download the file from here, it has all the files you need, plus the read me seems easier to follow than any other instructions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.