Appearance Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by greenmymac, Aug 23, 2008.

1. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

In leopard under System prefs where change whether to have Blue or graphite appearance.. is there a way to have everything graphite but leave the "Close" "Minimize" and "Maximize" buttons on the blue theme!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can dig really deep in the system files and I'm sure you'll be able to find the 'blue' buttons and the 'graphite' buttons. Copy the blue buttons to where the graphite buttons are, restart, repair permissions, and change the theme to graphite. That should do it.

What else changes besides the scroll bars and buttons? There is a pretty sweet hack that turns all of the scroll bars, system wide, to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie scroll bars. Much better looking in my opinion.

3. greenmymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

What hack is that?

4. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I believe this page outlines the process to do it.

I've done it before, but not through these particular instructions, I'm going to do it now :)

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm getting a 404 when I try and download that package. I wish I had used these instructions when I did this hack. That way I'd be able to revert back to the default look at will. I have set up a whole bunch of apple scripts that alter the look of the dock, the way the finder works, and all sorts of things. It'd be great if I could switch window scroll bar styles on the fly too.

6. big_malk macrumors 6502a

7. big_malk macrumors 6502a

Actually, just download the file from here, it has all the files you need, plus the read me seems easier to follow than any other instructions.