Appears that Apple is fixing the App update function?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Auzburner, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

As usual my iTunes library insists I have updates that need download, when of course I do not... Now when I click the "3 updates available" button the message shown below appears in the App store, but I continue to have the bubble 3 next to my Applications in the iTunes side-bar menu. I'm thinking Apple is working on the problem FINALLY! Anyone else?

Attached Files:

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

so it seems but it is still broken!
    At least now updates work from my iPhone (2.0.1)

3. Auzburner thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I am not sure about that because I get this behaviour since Monday! How long do they need for changes to take place? I know as an IT Consultant that such things get tested in a test environment and then implemented in the production. The implementation doesn't last 5 days...

5. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha Auzburner,

When you clicked to get updates via iTunes, what did the resulting view show? I've noticed the same thing you did - namely, in the column on the left is a badge with a number, then when you click on Applications and look at the bottom, the same number appears. When you click on "x Updates Available", the resulting view, at least in my case, showed an update for every app I had (81 at one point - I went a little overboard in the Free Apps section :D), hence my question. I'm currently restoring my iPhone 3G at the moment, but will check once that process has completed.

HawaiiMacAddict

6. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know is there a way to get the little red number on the iphone apps icon to go away. Mine currently says 22 and no matter how many times I update the apps it still says the same number and it keeps going up. Yesterday it said 20 today its at 22.

7. Auzburner thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

That is what I used to get (several copies of almost every app - every day.) It got to the point where I had to go into my iTunes files and delete 200+ copies of Apps. Now I'm getting this message instead of multiple copies of the same app I already have... But I still get the bubble icon shown in my above attachments.

This is the new message (opposed to dozens of Apps):

Attached Files: