AppFresh

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joelw135, Dec 16, 2008.

1. joelw135 macrumors 6502

joelw135

Has anyone used this software updater (AppFresh) http://metaquark.de/appfresh/ if yes does it change any system files where there could be a future Mac update that won't take etc?

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

I prefer a widget called Application Update. It takes a little setting up but I find it is more manageable than AppFresh.

3. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

Thanks, I already have that, but always looking for something better. It seems to work OK.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

If AppFresh changed any system files, you would need to enter your administrator password. Since it's a simple drag and drop to install you know that it's not changing anything important. I've been using this on two computers for nearly a year and love it. Definitely worth a download.

5. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

I tried tis one today and it gave me a list of programs it needed to update, but they were the latest versions. So most were false positives.

6. m021478 macrumors 6502

I've used AppFresh for quite some time and it works great! As you can see from this link, it's also beating out Firefox as one of 'Top' apps out there for Mac users (at least among application junkies)...

Another alternative that you might want to consider is VersionTracker Pro (though this app is not free)