Apple-1 rescued from recycling

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by FourCandles, Jun 1, 2015.

1. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Seems to be a legit - but amazing - story. Woman sends a load of old computer junk to be recycled, and it happens to include an Apple-1.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102720736

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Good on the finders trying to seek out the woman to give her half of the $200K they got for it!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We need a law that stops women from throwing **** out. Many a mom have thrown out their husband's/kid's baseball cards, comic books and more. :)

4. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Uhh like my mom threw out all my original 1st edition AD&D collection when I went to college in the 90s. These original books now command collector's prices on eBay.

"Oh they were just books! I didn't think you'd miss them!"

5. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

My baseball card collection was thrown out by my mom, did not speak to her for 3 months.

6. Gasu E., Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Normally I don't go for the sexist remarks; but in this case you are 100% right.

On further reflection-- it is because of these women that the remaining comic books, etc., are so scarce, and have so much value. If all those "Mom" didn't throw them out, those old Spiderman's would be worth as much as a 1948 issue of Life magazine ($25 at the most).

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Damn bro, my heart goes out to you. I would've 'liked' your post but I feared that would give the wrong impression. :oops: