Apple-1 rescued from recycling

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Good on the finders trying to seek out the woman to give her half of the $200K they got for it!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
We need a law that stops women from throwing **** out. Many a mom have thrown out their husband's/kid's baseball cards, comic books and more. :)

Reactions: aaronvan

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
We need a law that stops women from throwing **** out. Many a mom have thrown out their husband's/kid's baseball cards, comic books and more. :)
Uhh like my mom threw out all my original 1st edition AD&D collection when I went to college in the 90s. These original books now command collector's prices on eBay.

"Oh they were just books! I didn't think you'd miss them!"

JamesMike

macrumors demi-god
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
My baseball card collection was thrown out by my mom, did not speak to her for 3 months.

Gasu E.

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Normally I don't go for the sexist remarks; but in this case you are 100% right.

On further reflection-- it is because of these women that the remaining comic books, etc., are so scarce, and have so much value. If all those "Mom" didn't throw them out, those old Spiderman's would be worth as much as a 1948 issue of Life magazine ($25 at the most).

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Uhh like my mom threw out all my original 1st edition AD&D collection when I went to college in the 90s. These original books now command collector's prices on eBay.

"Oh they were just books! I didn't think you'd miss them!"
Damn bro, my heart goes out to you. I would've 'liked' your post but I feared that would give the wrong impression. :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.