Apple 1

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by cludgie, Sep 10, 2011.

1. cludgie macrumors member

Recently browsing through the newly reopened museum in Edinburgh, I stumbled across an Apple 1 :)

[​IMG]

sorry, not the best pic, but hey still gotta share it

2. ViviUO macrumors 6502

Looks pretty eroded. :(

I wonder if it still works?

3. cludgie thread starter macrumors member

yeah, its a shame its not in best condition, but it is over 30 years old.
    I don't think it will work, that said it would be nice to try :)

4. potermark macrumors newbie

The Apple I, also known as the Apple-1, is a personal computer released by Apple in 1976. They were designed and hand-built by Steve Wozniak. Wozniak's friend Steve Jobs had the idea of selling the computer. The Apple I was Apple's first product, and to finance its creation, Jobs sold his only means of transportation, a VW van. It was demonstrated in April 1976 at the Homebrew Computer Club in Palo Alto, California.

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The Apple I was actually built inside a wooden box (I have one that still works) and though some people stripped out the box and put them in a briefcase, I don't believe that Apple ever shipped them this way.

The only briefcase computers I'm aware of were created by other members of the HCC who purchased some of the first Apple's from Woz, stripped them of the case and made "portable" computers out of them...

-t

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Before your post I had almost thought that EVEN in the very beginning Apple had thought of aesthetics in design and function. Wow we've come a long way with Apple and every step its been pretty good.