Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Title pretty much sums it up. I am assuming that the $100 store credit issued by Apple to early adopters of iPhone 1.0 would be good towards the purchase of the 3G iPhone at Apple stores (obviously not at AT&T stores).

If anyone has any info which contradicts this, please post here. I am waiting till the smoke clears and I don't have to wait in a line (my local Apple store has no stock currently anyway). My iPhone 1.0 died a violent death a fews ago so I am back on my Treo 650 for the interim. :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm or deny this.

Craig

tritonj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
a little surprised you still have that credit, but i don't see why it wouldn't apply, i don't remember there being any restrictions on what you could buy

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I used my early adopter credit, no questions asked. There's nothing that says that you can't use your early adopter credit towards the iPhone 3G.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
a little surprised you still have that credit, but i don't see why it wouldn't apply, i don't remember there being any restrictions on what you could buy

I'd actually been saving it for when I get around to upgrading to a newer laptop, but since my iPhone broke this makes more sense. :)

I used my early adopter credit, no questions asked. There's nothing that says that you can't use your early adopter credit towards the iPhone 3G.

Awesome! Good to know. :apple:

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
I thought you had to use that credit within a year, which means it's dead now.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
I did

Was thinking about that $100 toward a laptop but dug it up and brought it with me to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ.

After we got through the eligibility and payment, Apple Rep said okay let's try your rebate but noted that his earlier attempts had not worked. I said well either way.

It went through my 16GB total came to $200 and change and he laughed saying, "You are stealing the phone." I laughed but said not to worry, they are making it up in the two year contact.

I was so happy to get my hands on the phone as I had sold my iPhone Wednesday nite and just getting it Saturday morning was a relief.

As I recall the Apple Rep scanned over the bar code twice and it went through.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
I thought you had to use that credit within a year, which means it's dead now.

The credit was sent out in August/September of last year when the price reduction happened. So less than a year (if it did have a limit, but I used it for Leopard, so I don't recall if it was time limited).

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
That credit does not expire, and it can indeed be used towards a new iPhone 3G -- I used it for my new iPhone 3G on Monday after waiting 3 hours at the Chicago Michigan Avenue store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.