Apple $100 Rebate Question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by omro, Sep 15, 2011.

1. omro macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a Mac and getting the $100 mail in rebate. Do I have to mail in the original proof of purchase and cut the box and send the serial information or can I just photocopy my box and receipt? I'm just concerned about destroying the box and losing the receipt.

Thanks

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The printer rebate? You do it all online, no need to cut up anything. Just go here.

3. omro thread starter macrumors regular

No, you buy a back to school mac rebate and you have to mail in the receipt and the side of the box. Or so it appears.

Sorry, I should have been more specific

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It depends on where you buy it.With last year's rebate, I bought my mac at the Apple Store and was able to do it all online (no longer necessary this year--they just hand you the gift card). If you buy it from an authorized retailer, (i.e campus store) you will need to mail it in:

5. duky macrumors 6502

There was no rebate for me this year. I ordered online and it made the Back to School App Store card $0.00 so it was just a free $100

6. omro thread starter macrumors regular

Can I take the box and the receipt into an apple store and do it there?

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Probably not, but I'd call and ask.

Anyway, if you have an Apple Store nearby, why not buy the mac there if you want to keep your box intact? They honor the student discount, just bring your ID.

8. omro thread starter macrumors regular

Because I already bought it at the University Store :p