Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone do I keep?

• ATT with shipment 11/2 - 11/10

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Apple with shipment in 2-3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tengorazon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
tl;dr: Do I keep my ATT iPhone X order that is expected to ship 11/2 - 11/10, or do I use my Apple reservation for a phone that ships in 2-3 weeks?

Full story:

When preordering yesterday morning, everything went smoothly for me with the Apple Store app, but my wife got caught in the carrier verification loop and got the reservation e-mail. However, that e-mail led us to the ATT Next version of the phone (apparently a glitch), and we wanted to pay in full. At around 9 a.m., I saw that ATT was showing the 256GB silver X as shipping between 11/2-11/10, so we ordered that. Now the Apple reservation link leads us to the phone we originally wanted, with shipment in 2-3 weeks. And I've been reading reports of people saying the ATT shipping estimates are slipping.

So the question is: Keep the current phone on order with ATT with expected shipment between 11/2 - 11/10 (no shipment e-mail yet), or cancel that and go with the reserved Apple phone with expected shipment in 2-3 weeks?

I have less than 3 hours to decide!

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Get the one arriving sooner. It’s the same phone. Why wait longer for something you already paid for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.