Apple 20"?

drison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
Okay, my wife thinks I'm crazy, but I am considering selling my Dell 20" widescreen and buying the Apple 20" widescreen. The dell is cheaper but the aluminum is calling my name. What should I do?

-Dave

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I think that the Apple screen is crisper, though the Dell is no slouch. Drive down to an Apple store and look at the screen.

I work with Dell, Planar, and Aquos screens at work. From what a tech said to me, Dell badges Planar and Aquos screens.

It the cost savings is a lot, save the money and take your wife out for a fine night of fun, or take a random mini trip. You might get more mileage out of that, than you would an aluminum screen.

This said, I might opt for the screen than taking my honey up the coast for a day. She loves me, and I would more likely skip driveing to work for a few months to save the cash for a trip... Humm- perhaps I should start takeing the bus again.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
The Apple cinema display is far better looking than the Dell. You'll feel good everytime you sit down and use it. I say do it.

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
USA
drison said:
Okay, my wife thinks I'm crazy, but I am considering selling my Dell 20" widescreen and buying the Apple 20" widescreen. The dell is cheaper but the aluminum is calling my name. What should I do?
-Dave
Well, if you really want looks and elegance, then go for the Apple 20". If price matters, stick with the Dell - the money you save might help you add more RAM/HDD/anything else. If you feel like splurging a little, go for the Apple 20".

When I bought a Power Mac, I was torn between the ACD 20" and the Dell 20" - I went for the ACD even though it was about $250 more than the Dell. It's a matter of one's preference and budget. :)

If you go for the ACD 20", you better be prepared to face some "unreasonable" purchase requests from your wife in the future. :D

drison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
Where are all the Apple purists when you are about to make a rash purchasing decision? If I think about it too long I won't buy it. ;)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
drison said:
Where are all the Apple purists when you are about to make a rash purchasing decision? If I think about it too long I won't buy it. ;)
The Dell is just a good of a panel. I would stick with it and save a lot of money.

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
I own the dell 20"...you wont regret it...but I agree w/ others, if you can afford the apple get the apple...its a much better display, cosmetically(???)...

edit: i forgot...if you look around and get good coupons...you could get 2 dells for the price of the apple (maybe ~$100 more)...then you can say u roll on dubs...( i had to say it again)