Apple 24" Cinema Display really 974 days old?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pilaftank, Dec 2, 2009.

1. pilaftank macrumors newbie

pilaftank

The Buyer's Guide states:
    Don't Buy - Updates soon. Despite the release of the 24" LED Cinema Display, unless you are buying that specific monitor, we'd recommend waiting if you are in the market for a different size.

However, the 24" version is the version Apple sells (the only other one I see in the Apple Store is the huge 30" version). The Buyer's Guide description seems to be saying don't buy and do buy at the same time.

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but has it really been 974 days since the current 24" Cinema Display was released? I'm ready to buy the display, but I don't want to buy old technology.

- Dem

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I am gonna guess that they may have been referring to the 27" that just came out.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The link you quoted is for an LCD display, not the 24" LED, which was released in October 2008, not April, 2007.
    They don't have a 27" Display. You're referring to an iMac.

4. puma1552 macrumors 601

they are saying exactly what it says--UNLESS you are buying the 24 inch display, wait. That means the 24 inch display is a fine buy.

5. pilaftank thread starter macrumors newbie

pilaftank

What do you mean by "the 24 inch display is a fine buy"? I'm sure it's a high-quality product, but when was is last updated?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It was only released a year ago, so it's not due for any updates. It's still a new product.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's a monitor; they get released like every 5 years. :p

And even when they do updated it's usually not that great of a difference.

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

They are including the 30" as well. Total for all apple displays including the 30" and 24" is 9xx days.

If just looking at the 24" it is less and okay to buy, according to the guide.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Wrong. The page being referred to is NOT about the 24", which is an LED screen. The page is talking about the LCD screens. It's not adding the two together.
    Picture 5.jpg

10. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

correction it is an LED backlit screen not an LED screen. its still using an LCD panel but lit by LED lights.

There are only a few LED panels on the consumer market and those monitors start at around a couple thousand dollars.