Apple 24" Cinema Service

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rdowty, Apr 26, 2009.

1. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I seem to have some dust or smoke behind the glass on my 24" display. I'm gong to take it to the Apple Store today. I figured they'd pop off the glass and clean it but I called and they said they ship them off. They told me I would either get my display back or a new unit but it wouldn't be replaced with a refurbished model. Does this sound right?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's entirely possible to get a refurb back. No worries, refurbs are as good as or better than new.

3. rdowty thread starter macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I took it to the Apple Store and they popped the glass off with suction cups like they do the iMac's and tried to clean it but the cloudyness was still there. I'm not sure if they did a shoddy job cleaning it or not but it's on its way the the depot. This time they said I should get my display back. I have no bad pixels and none of the color shifting effect on the monitor I replaced. I'll be happy if I get a monitor back as long as there's nothing under the screen, no bad pixels and no dings.

Maybe I'm picky but I could have bought two Samsung 24" monitors for the price of this one and I'd trade the LED backlight for not having crap under the screen. BTW Samsung has a new 23" monitor coming out this Spring/Summer with LED backlighting that looks awsome and is supposed to be under $400.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/13/samsungs-led-backlit-p2370l-lcd-monitor-looks-good-for-399/