Apple 24" LED Display Normal or Defective?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DeanCorp, Dec 20, 2008.

1. DeanCorp macrumors member

Is my 24" LED Defective or is it normal if the display is set to turn off after 1 minute. To move the mouse and the MBP screen turns on instantly and the LED turns on about 5 seconds after. I thought it was an "instant on" LED display.

2. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

Check Energy Saver settings.

3. DeanCorp thread starter macrumors member

Nothing to do with Energy Saving. The MBP display comes on quicker than the LED. I was just asking whether that is normal or does everyone else experience this?

4. quotemeas macrumors regular

Remember that the MB has to resume from sleep, and sending the video signal is not the first thing on the list. Instant-on refers to once the display has received the video signal. Instead of a "warming up" (the screens starts dim and slowly (relative) it brightens up to full on), the LED is full-on from the moment it received the input.

Update: Although I work mostly in "clamshell" mode, I just tested this and it is normal. My MB screens turns on (LED) followed by my Cinema display (LED).

5. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

Sorry I misunderstood the question. Yes, that is normal.

6. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

unfortunately this is normal, but it would seem this is something apple could fix with a future update. It's a small annoyance, but an annoyance none the less :mad: