Apple 24" LED Display Speaker Quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Caris, May 4, 2009.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I've done a search and can't find anything.

I'm thinking about getting a Mac Mini and a LED Display but something that is putting me off is the speaker quality.

I've been reading reviews on the net about it and some say the speakers are poor and tinny yet others say there better than the iMacs are really good. (I have a iMac now and am more than happy with them).

So to any owners out there, what is the quality like? Is it better or worse than the Aluminum iMacs?

Peace.

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Same quality as a $100 set of 2.1ch logitechs.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Eh..more like 2.0 for me. I'm not really a bass head but it seems to lack a bit for me. I would def go for a 100 dollar set vs intergrated.

Good enough for the minimalist though.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

mmm maybe a 30 dollar set of speakers...

i dont think any monitor honestly has a great set of speakers in it. if you want to go with something good go external - not built in.

then again this is coming from someone using an hp2207 and the speakers built into that.

5. brentsg macrumors 68030

I think they are great for anything but listening to music, and if you only want to listen to a few tunes while you get some work done they are ok for that.

If you are planning to listen to music to kick back and relax then you are going to want something else.

6. philamac macrumors regular

I wish the display had an audio pass-through port so you could hook up your own set of speakers.

7. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I don't own one, but I can tell you right off the bat that any built-in speaker systems will have "decent" quality, but if you want "loud volume that doesn't distort or blow out" You will want to get an external speaker system. I personally favor the "Audio interface to external monitors" setup myself, but a good pair of Bose Computer Speakers & Subwoofer are still very good quality, as long as you don't push them too hard - *no louder than 80-85% volume*

So I suggest you get a normal ACD or Dell Ultrasharp and some computer speakers. :)

And that is my opinion.

8. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I think people have misunderstood me, i am on my iMac right now listening to music through the in built speakers. I know what to sort of expect, i just want to know how the cinema displays compare to the iMacs.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It sounds like laptop speakers. Weak.