Apple 24 LED for graphic design?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sab150, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sab150 macrumors regular

cant find any info on this.. any people have experience using this display for graphic/web design?

opinions?

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Unless the glossy screen is an issue for you, the monitor should be great for your needs. It has nice viewing angles because of the S-IPS panel.

3. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply, the panel looked great in store and the gloss may be an issue.. im buying later today so anyone else have an opinion on this before i buy??

4. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

14 day return period...
    Buy it, try it, return it (if required) :D

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

s-ips panels are basically the best lcd panel available. They are perfect for graphic design as they offer the best colour reproduction. Go for it if you can afford it.

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

You'll love it. I attend SCAD for graphic design and always used the schools Mac labs with their ACD. However, now that I have an Acer cause I can't afford a ACD I can work in my dorm.

I'm not a professional anyways.

7. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

brilliant, planning on teaming this up with a 13" high end macbook pro.. will this be okay for graphic work for the next couple of years??

8. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

brilliant.. and how do you find the cinema displays? are you using the gloss 24" ones or the older "matte" versions?

thanks

9. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Uh, if you read my post I said I have an Acer. LOL, ACD for me is a dream, I dont have a spare $599.

The school uses the older 20" I think to save space cause they have a LOT of Mac Pros. I think they're matte, cause with the lights above us I dont see the reflections.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/displays?mco=NjEyNzEzMQ

10. ag55 macrumors regular

Dell monitors offer the best value for money, and are good quality with lots of connections. The apple monitors are good, albeit being over priced and not offering the connections the Dell can