Apple 30' Cinema Display with dead pixel...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pipep, Mar 3, 2010.

1. pipep macrumors member

Ok, pretty much that's it. My screen has a dead pixel wich is always RED.

I have Apple Care until november, but maybe they won't even look at it as it's just 1 pixel...

Will it be covered?
    will they fix it?
    will they give me a new screen?
    if they give me a new screen how long will it have warranty? 1 year right?
    can i buy apple care for the screen if they give me a new one?

recommendations are welcome!

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

i don't know if it will be covered but if it bugs you it is worth a shot. the fact that you have apple care should help. they tend to treat folks with apple care a little better. usually if they replace something that is under apple care they will give you a pro-rated refund on the apple care and give you the option to buy a full apple care for the replacement.

3. akadmon macrumors 68010

I doubt it. I think they're failure criteria is something like 6 or more dead pixels. I t may be fewer (3?) if they're right next to one another. Anyway, no use speculating about it. Just call up Apple and ask.

4. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I would definitely contact Apple and see how it goes. I think you can only get AppleCare on a display when it's bought with a desktop Mac.

5. akadmon macrumors 68010

You can buy AppleCare for the monitor if you purchased it separately (so long as you do it within 1 year). If you bought it with a Mac, you're Mac's AppleCare covers both.

6. bcrguy macrumors regular

no you can get one on just the display itself.. i checked cuz i was thinking about gettin the 24" display