Apple 30" vs 305T

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by huffy15, Apr 27, 2010.

1. huffy15 macrumors regular

I envisage buying a 30" monitor and I saw near my home a cinema display 30" for 1000$ CAD(used) but I'm not sure if it worth the price 'cause that monitor is pretty slow, only get 700:1 contrast and seems a bit too old. I also thought about a 305T for about 1300$ CAD(new).

Then, is that better to paid more on a cheaper monitor but in fact more recent?

I don't wanna pay to much for this monitor I also have a triple set of 2443bw.

Thanks guys

Julien

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

The latest revision of the 30" ACD has the same panel as the 305T, so don't expect any quality differences at all. The image will look the same. If you don't care for a fancy aluminium enclosure, go for the Samsung.

3. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks I will think about that

4. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

i have another choice to make here : 3007wfp($850) vs apple cinema display 30"($1000)

What's going to be the best, the dell is refurbished and the apple used (i don't know how old it's)

Thanks

Julien

5. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Well, the 3007 again uses the same panel. :D

Same image quality (roughly, the Cinema is brighter but a used unit probably isn't any more) for less money.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an used display with an uncertain age.
    Refurbished is fine though.

I've bought a 30" ACD back in 2007 including AppleCare which served me just fine till recently when the panel showed some distortions. Thanks to AppleCare they send me a new unit.
    What I'm trying to say is that a used display without any warranty can always fail, so I'd definitely buy the display with warranty. Assuming that a refurbished unit comes with warranty (and is kind of new), go for the Dell!

6. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help, but I didn't see the answer before I bought it, but I've been VERY lucky 'cause the acd is in really good shape even if the guy smoked the monitor didn't smell anything wrong.

I appreciated your help

This resolution is freaking awesome !

Julien