Apple 5s leather case corner slipping off

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sonicdissent, Sep 26, 2013.

1. sonicdissent macrumors regular

Anyone else having this issue? After being pocketed for a little while, I have run into this issue several times wherein a corner of the phone has come loose. This is weird because it is very difficult to remove this case even when trying. The cover does not come off, but a corner will slightly pop out and need to be pushed back in. This is an issue because falling out of my pocket is probably my biggest drop risk, and if a corner pops out above the lip of the case, the case is not doing it's job.

I will say if I can figure out how to remedy this, it is far and away the best case I have used for any iPhone. The feel in hand is great, the lip will protect from a flush fall but doesn't protrude enough to be intrusive, and it adds very little bulk to the phone.

2. theshark macrumors newbie

theshark

Why is it the best case you ever used? I see nothing spectacular about it. Mapi cases rock.

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

No, I haven't had mine come loose at all. In fact, it's VERY tight...hard to get the phone out (which I did once, but took me a few minutes).

4. sonicdissent thread starter macrumors regular

I am very particular about shape and feel in a case, so for me this hits all the marks. Previously I would say the otter box commuter for the iPhone 4 was the king. They screwed up the sleep wake button on the ip5 commuter.

5. sonicdissent thread starter macrumors regular

Same! It's so strange because I can't replicate the issue with my hands so I have no idea what could possibly be happening in pocket land.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. U4icLab macrumors regular

Same thing w/ mine. It seems to loosen after a few days. I think because of its rigidity, there's no forgiveness for movement so it pops right off off that upper, right corner.