Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Has anyone got the chance to go to the apple 5th avenue store and see how long the line is? Did last time, on launch day of the 1st generation phone, did apple have no more stock at the end of the day?

AT&T stores have no stock and they are f****** slow !!!!

How about the apple store experience? Since i waited 4 hours in line at the AT&T store and didn't get one, should i consider going to an apple store at the 5th ave around 9pm ?

Yaoooo84

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
I think thats what I'm going to do. The 5th AVE store def should not sell out. I'm going to go sometime tonight since they are open 24/7. But I'm going to call first just to make sure.

Last I heard the line was probably one avenue long...dont know about now.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
i walked by around 12:30 and the line was around the corner and all the way down to madison avenue. As far as them selling out i have no idea, but being the flagship store i'm sure they're well stocked and probably have another shipment coming in tomorrow.

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
until 60th street?

=> Yaooo, tell what the stores tells you when you call and update me please :)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
no it was going down 58th street from 5th avenue to madison avenue.

Yaoooo84

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
Whoa that the line still hasnt died down? I want to go around 10 maybe even 12AM...hopefully the line has died down by then :confused:. And I'm sure being the flagship store thats open 24/7 they are probably getting a new shipment today and immediately putting it on sale once or if their initial stock runs out

xmnj

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
what about the 14th street store? Any word on the wait there?

Thanks

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Currently in line at west 14. Been waiting for 6.5 hours since 8am. There still are about 100 people behind me. Initially started out very close to west side highway hehe.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Yup....

what about the 14th street store? Any word on the wait there?

Thanks

I called the 14th Street store and they had a long line from what the guy said and Apple doesn't let them comment on stock. But the guy was cool and we had a nice chat. From what he said, it seemed a better bet to go 5th Avenue route.

I also checked with Paramus, NJ Apple Store. Line was 100 near midday and recently called back and heard it is now 200. The in-store activation is clearly killing everyone as the AT&T system is being crashed over and over.

Apple can't let folks out without activation and this process is making whatever lines there are 3x what they were last year.

It doesn't sound or look good today. AT&T is clearly unable to handle the software crush. :(

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
That's not too bad right ? No more than 100 ? Going down avenues or streets?

I really want to get a iPhone today but i can't do 4 hours of line AGAIN. :(

kappaman210

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2007
I can't imagine how big the lines must be at the Apple Stores. I just showed up at 7am at the Madison Avenue at&t store (at 47th) and was pretty close to the front of the line. Had to wait until like 10 because of all the activation problems. Once I got in though, the whole transaction took maybe 5 minutes. I got my white iphone, she did the contract stuff, and I walked out with the phone. It's unopened. I have to activate it later through through itunes, which may be a problem.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I can't imagine how big the lines must be at the Apple Stores. I just showed up at 7am at the Madison Avenue at&t store (at 47th) and was pretty close to the front of the line. Had to wait until like 10 because of all the activation problems. Once I got in though, the whole transaction took maybe 5 minutes. I got my white iphone, she did the contract stuff, and I walked out with the phone. It's unopened. I have to activate it later through through itunes, which may be a problem.

That store is right nex to my job :cool:

i saw a nice size group of people when i was walking in to work this morning at 8am

Yaoooo84

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
I just stopped by the 5th Ave store at around 12AM and the line was still about 200 people........not to mention they are soooo slow in letting people in...anyone have any suggestions for 2morrow? I dont think the line at 5th AVE will die down this entire weekend...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.