Apple 5th Avenue Store iPad 2 Stock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nygiants242, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

Anyone have word on Apple 5th Ave iPad 2 stock? Do they/will they ever run out? Is that the most likely store to get in the next shipments?

Thanks guys.

2. ewhite macrumors member

This is *exactly* what I'd like to know as well... bump.

3. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Yeah if I go out later I might even stop by and hope no lines past 11pm ha

4. ewhite macrumors member

5. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

That's if they don't pull a dick move and stop selling at midnight or so like with the iPhone 3G.

6. ewhite macrumors member

Wow did that really happen? Keeping stock for the next business day of sales perhaps, but still...

7. NYCgirl5282 macrumors newbie

saturday/sunday stock

i'd like to know the same thing too. anyone got any word? if i head out there by 9 AM what are my odds?

8. chochoo macrumors newbie

WHAT THE GUY ABOVE ME SAID!!!!!!

i had school until 5oclock today and by the time i got to the apple stores they had like HUGEEEE line around the CITY BLOCK.

went to 3 different apple stores with same result.
    went to 3 different bestbuy and they were all sold out.

9. firehead428 macrumors member

seriously. it got me so mad. checked surrounding best buys and soho apple store too. line was ridiculous. im about to head there at like 4am when me and my friends go get some food in the city or some ****.

10. maclook macrumors 65816

Why are you guys heading out there in the middle of the night? Did they not sell out? I thought everyone who didn't get one yet would have to wait til the next shipment tomorrow morning or afternoon

11. Lougle macrumors member

Just left 5th ave. While inline they announced all WiFi iPad's were SOLD OUT. Only models in stock are 32GB & 64GB Verizon's in Black. Wow.

12. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

my buddy works at 14th street and he said the NYC stores getting replenished Monday. Nothing this wknd other. AT&T may be getting a modest shipment.

13. GCY macrumors regular

5th ave is apple most important store. They always get shipments first before the other stores. Other stores might be OOS for weeks but 5th ave always have some units throughout the day.

14. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

As far as the NYC Apple Stores go, here's the rundown of current stock:
    Fifth Ave - Only 64gb Verizon
    Upper West Side - None
    W14th St - Unknown (Phone is busy for 20 minutes)
    Soho - Only Vzw 32/64

They "don't have any idea when another shipment is coming."

15. md63 macrumors 6502

If you want an ATT model, your best bet is probably going to an ATT store. I went to ATT at 4:30pm and walked out at 5pm with a 32gb black model. There was no line, they took my name and I waited in the store. Was just sitting and browsing the web. They only had 8 units. I think everyone was going to Apple and Best Buy. The Best Buy on 86th St. had hundreds of people waiting on line and at 6:30pm they ran out of units. People waiting for hours and didn't get anything.

The funny thing is I don't really need this unit since Im happy with the 1st gen. I guess I just got caught up in all the excitement of the launch.

16. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

this morning Verizon only

Whenever I've gone to the Apple 5th avenue store early on Friday mornings in the last 3 weeks, they've always had Verizon models, nothing else.

This morning (at 6:30 a.m.) was no exception. I don't know the colors/sizes but it looked like they had at least 20-25 of the 32/64gb at that time (if they're stocked left to right 16gb/32gb/64gb).

I have yet to see any AT&T or wifi models at the 5th avenue store.

>>>