Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chaoticsouls, Jul 28, 2008.

1. chaoticsouls macrumors newbie

I have a macbook laptop, and experienced a failure of the connection at the junction where the cord leads into the magnetic brick. This shows how crappy the chargers mac make are. I need some advice if there is anything I can do fix it. The plastic part was gone, and the wire was exposed. I really don't want to waste my money on a new magsafe adapter based on how bad these things seem to be. So is there a possible fix or a better possibly cheaper alternative? Thanks.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

They fixed that issue with the later power adapters. It was really only an issue with the first gen of the magsafe adapters.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Just because you said it broke in no way "shows how crappy the chargers mac make are." That like saying, I wrecked my Volkswagen Jetta. This shows how crappy the cars Volkswagen make are.

4. chaoticsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe the customer review was a overall rating of 1.5. Also I want some answers here otherwise don't bother. And the difference is the jetta crashing itself with me not behind the wheel.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's still your fault... :p

Anyways, take it to the Apple Store or call Apple Support and they'll exchange it.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, the first gen magsafe was bad. It was an issue and they redesigned that part of the connector so it doesn't fall apart.

7. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Have you tried duct tape? Or maybe some of that black electrical tape? I'd give that a shot.

But, as the others have said, they're much better now. I still think $80 is overpriced, but I love 'em and haven't had one fall apart in our office.

8. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I tried electrical tape and it didn't really work. You pretty much have to just buy a new one (or beg for one if you're under warranty).