Apple AA Batteries At Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Velin, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I own an Apple battery charger. I really like both the charger, and the AA batteries that come with it (the Apple batteries are similar to, and in fact may actually be, Eneloops in a silver Apple skin, see linky).

My question is, does the Apple Store sell the Apple batteries standalone? I need to pick up some more AAs, but I only need the batteries, not the charger. Thanks for anyone who knows. I'd go and buy Eneloops, but no freaking stores around here have them, they only sell inferior, more expensive junk.

PS After using Eneloops and Apple batteries, never again can I use regular throwaway batteries, such a waste of money and resources.

2. Jayrcee, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee

I haven't seen the batteries alone in the Apple store. Do you happen to have a Costco near you? They have an Eneloop charger/10 battery (8 AA, 2 AAA) combo pack on sale for less than $20. Also, Target has put their Duracell Pre-charged batteries on clearance for less than $4 for a 4 pack of AA. Those Duracell batteries are known as a "Duraloop" cause they are actually rebranded Eneloop batteries http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?255298

3. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I'm pretty sure they just work with any rechargeable batteries, so to Target and pick up some energizers.