Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
I've never pre-ordered an iPhone before. Can someone tell me if you can also pre-order accessories?

Basically, I just want to know if I can have a "bumper" delivered to my house along with my iPhone or if I need to go into an Apple store on launch day to get one.

maryannee

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
I've never pre-ordered an iPhone before. Can someone tell me if you can also pre-order accessories?

Basically, I just want to know if I can have a "bumper" delivered to my house along with my iPhone or if I need to go into an Apple store on launch day to get one.

Last year I remember some people got their new iphones delayed in shipping because of some out of stock accessories they wanted. So the iphone was held up until the accessories were back in stock.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Last year I remember some people got their new iphones delayed in shipping because of some out of stock accessories they wanted. So the iphone was held up until the accessories were back in stock.

In my experience with backorder items with Apple, they always ship the item that's in stock right away and charge you for that item. When they get the other item in stock, they charge you, then ship it. This all depends on if you decided to group your shipments together or ship as they become available (don't know if Apple has this option).

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
Now I'm a little scared. I hadn't thought of having my order delayed because of an out of stock item. I guess now my plan is to wake up early on the 15th and order my 2 iPhones separately from the bumpers. Hopefully that works out for me.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
In seeing experiences from others when ordering phones or other new products, I would strongly encourage you to order everything else separate from the phone It might be fine, but then again you could be sitting phone-less while others celebrate the arrival of their new toy.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
I'm going to agree with Kadman. There's nothing wrong with creating a second order for your shipment, except a few more minutes of your time, and maybe a separate shipping charge (isn't it free shipping?). Not worth all the headache if you don't do it.

I'll be placing my iPhone 4 orders and order their bumper cases separately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.