Apple Activation lock case turnaround

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gmiller598, Mar 2, 2016.

1. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

Ok,

Long story short, I bought an apple watch on eBay and the previous user had failed to remove the activation lock. They tried to remove it from the Find My iPhone function like Apple says should be done and it still didn't remove the lock.

I spoke with Apple support and they opened a research case after I was told that they should be able to have the activation lock cleared if I could provide the proof of the original purchase. The previous owner provided that to me and I submitted it to Apple on Saturday night.

My question is how long does Apple take to research these items? I haven't heard from them yet. Anyone else have any experience with going through this yet? If they refuse to remove the activation lock I'll need to return it to the previous owner and get my money back.

2. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

You don't have to return it, just ask the seller to complete the following (originally from Apple Support site):
    1. On a computer, go to iCloud.com.
    2. Sign in with your Apple ID, and open Settings.
    3. Under My Devices, click your Apple Watch.
    4. Click [​IMG] next to your device.
    5. Click Remove to confirm.

3. gmiller598 thread starter macrumors newbie

They claim to have done this and it didn't remove the lock. I have no proof of such but they also apparently spent time with Apple support on the phone as well. They don't seem to be terribly bright when it comes to computers but this apparently didn't work when I even gave them the instructions on how to do this.