Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its Italian website with an Apple Pay page, confirming its introduction in the country is close at hand.

Last month, Apple added complete translations of Apple Pay support documents to its Italian and German regional websites, indicating the launch of the mobile payment system in those countries is just a matter of time.

Screen-Shot-2-1-800x644.jpg

Today, for Italy at least, that launch appears one step closer, with the "arriving soon" web page listing UniCredit, Boon, and Carrefour Banca as participating banks.

Also today, Apple Pay launched in Ireland, making it the 14th country to accept Apple's mobile payments service.

Article Link: Apple Adds Apple Pay Details to Italian Website Ahead of Launch

Reactions: orbital~debris

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Germany would be nice but I gave up my hopes for it. Banks and retailers here don't want it to happen.

Living in the Rhein Main area I use my Visa contactless every day. Vending machines, fast food, supermarkets, even bakeries accept them. Will switch to Apple Pay in a heartbeat to avoid having to type in the pin for every transaktion bigger than 30 Euros.

Reactions: d_an_2014

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
I`m happy today, as I`m 50/50 German/Italian. Apple? I want to use AP! Come on! German CC only. I`m sitting in a wheelchair so Apple Pay is secure and nice to have, especially, in my situation.

P.s.: Stadtsparkasse, please!

I highly doubt Stadtsparkasse will ever adopt Apple Pay. :) They are not innovative and fighting for keeping the status quo. Some are reintroducing fees for having a bank account with them !They were even suing Santander Bank for using the colour red!

It seems Sparkasse is run by old scared men with no vision. Sorry. I expect big international banks like Commerzbank or Deutsche Bank or modern young banks like comdirekt or IngDiBa to roll out Apple Pay first.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Germany would be nice but I gave up my hopes for it. Banks and retailers here don't want it to happen.

Link to source?
I have a feeling it's Infrastructure (Gov) is still on Linux and well chancellor still carry's the other fruit branded phone.
[doublepost=1488909456][/doublepost]
I`m happy today, as I`m 50/50 German/Italian. Apple? I want to use AP! Come on! German CC only. I`m sitting in a wheelchair so Apple Pay is secure and nice to have, especially, in my situation.

P.s.: Stadtsparkasse, please!

Excellent. I honestly think you should have a trust friend do a quick video of yourself making an online purchase - something small but relevant to your monthly expenses/needs and then one where you're at a retailer and showing how this enables your security of independence! Then at the end of the video show statistical information (if you can):

How many citizens are in wheelchairs in Germany vs Italy,
How many robbery's to such citizens occur.
travel arrangements - make the push for Uber and heck even some form of public wheel transit to also comply to both Apple Pay/Android Pay (to allow for choice).

then have a local TV news station air it or even send a copy to a purson from goverment for your ward or neighbourhood that could maybe champion this further up.

Cheers.

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Link to source?
I have a feeling it's Infrastructure (Gov) is still on Linux and well chancellor still carry's the other fruit branded phone.
[doublepost=1488909456][/doublepost]

Excellent. I honestly think you should have a trust friend do a quick video of yourself making an online purchase - something small but relevant to your monthly expenses/needs and then one where you're at a retailer and showing how this enables your security of independence! Then at the end of the video show statistical information (if you can):

How many citizens are in wheelchairs in Germany vs Italy,
How many robbery's to such citizens occur.
travel arrangements - make the push for Uber and heck even some form of public wheel transit to also comply to both Apple Pay/Android Pay (to allow for choice).

then have a local TV news station air it or even send a copy to a purson from goverment for your ward or neighbourhood that could maybe champion this further up.

Cheers.
First, I have to wait for my German bank to accept AP (I don`t want to use boon). 2. My CC is not contactless. 3. Security of AP vs. plastic card, 4. Problems to get out my wallet from where it is or I need help. 5. Get my money (fast!) out of my wallet.
If someone is sitting in a wheelchair, not stupid, knows about Samsung Pay and/or Apple Pay or he/she is interested in such systems, then it will be adopted automatic, I think.

Hell, in Kenya the people pay already with there phones. We`ve got to wait and wait and wait.
[doublepost=1488920041][/doublepost]
I highly doubt Stadtsparkasse will ever adopt Apple Pay. :) They are not innovative and fighting for keeping the status quo. Some are reintroducing fees for having a bank account with them !They were even suing Santander Bank for using the colour red!

It seems Sparkasse is run by old scared men with no vision. Sorry. I expect big international banks like Commerzbank or Deutsche Bank or modern young banks like comdirekt or IngDiBa to roll out Apple Pay first.
Sparkasse is interested. They said that, so, I hope.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First, I have to wait for my German bank to accept AP (I don`t want to use boon). 2. My CC is not contactless. 3. Security of AP vs. plastic card, 4. Problems to get out my wallet from where it is or I need help. 5. Get my money (fast!) out of my wallet.
If someone is sitting in a wheelchair, not stupid, knows about Samsung Pay and/or Apple Pay or he/she is interested in such systems, then it will be adopted automatic, I think.

Hell, in Kenya the people pay already with there phones. We`ve got to wait and wait and wait.
[doublepost=1488920041][/doublepost]
Sparkasse is interested. They said that, so, I hope.

I completely understand you points and tthat is EXACTLY why i quoted you and posted a reply. Its specific to thr issues youre already facing and the inconvenience along with the security.

Since youre still going through bith without Apple Pay then my suggestion would help push the agenda further into reality vs just now waiting that hose not stupid but ignorant to your plight since they may not be exposed nor have it in their daily conciousness would be made aware.

All my post stated was to make action vs waiting for all the reasons you require AP ;)

Reactions: PR1985

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
I completely understand you points and tthat is EXACTLY why i quoted you and posted a reply. Its specific to thr issues youre already facing and the inconvenience along with the security.

Since youre still going through bith without Apple Pay then my suggestion would help push the agenda further into reality vs just now waiting that hose not stupid but ignorant to your plight since they may not be exposed nor have it in their daily conciousness would be made aware.

All my post stated was to make action vs waiting for all the reasons you require AP ;)
Someone started a petition, here in Germany, for AP, 12.000 supporters, if I recall it correctly.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.