Apple Adds Apple Pay Details to Italian Website Ahead of Launch

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has updated its Italian website with an Apple Pay page, confirming its introduction in the country is close at hand.

Last month, Apple added complete translations of Apple Pay support documents to its Italian and German regional websites, indicating the launch of the mobile payment system in those countries is just a matter of time.

[​IMG]

Today, for Italy at least, that launch appears one step closer, with the "arriving soon" web page listing UniCredit, Boon, and Carrefour Banca as participating banks.

Also today, Apple Pay launched in Ireland, making it the 14th country to accept Apple's mobile payments service.

Article Link: Apple Adds Apple Pay Details to Italian Website Ahead of Launch

2. d_an_2014 macrumors newbie

d_an_2014

3. ikir macrumors 65816

ikir

4. Berti10 macrumors regular

Berti10

Jipp, I'm ready to switch from Sparkasse to any other bank, that supports Apple Pay on day one.

5. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Woot

6. ddrulez macrumors regular

Germany would be nice but I gave up my hopes for it. Banks and retailers here don't want it to happen.

7. nexu macrumors member

8. titusm macrumors newbie

But what if some banks & retailers want? Comdirect, N26, Aldi, Lidl, US-chains ... just guessing.

9. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

I hope, they will activate the page in Germany soon. I am optimistic.

10. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

11. SBlue1 macrumors 65816

SBlue1

Living in the Rhein Main area I use my Visa contactless every day. Vending machines, fast food, supermarkets, even bakeries accept them. Will switch to Apple Pay in a heartbeat to avoid having to type in the pin for every transaktion bigger than 30 Euros.

12. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

I`m happy today, as I`m 50/50 German/Italian. Apple? I want to use AP! Come on! German CC only. I`m sitting in a wheelchair so Apple Pay is secure and nice to have, especially, in my situation.

P.s.: Stadtsparkasse, please!

13. SBlue1 macrumors 65816

SBlue1

I highly doubt Stadtsparkasse will ever adopt Apple Pay. :) They are not innovative and fighting for keeping the status quo. Some are reintroducing fees for having a bank account with them !They were even suing Santander Bank for using the colour red!

It seems Sparkasse is run by old scared men with no vision. Sorry. I expect big international banks like Commerzbank or Deutsche Bank or modern young banks like comdirekt or IngDiBa to roll out Apple Pay first.

14. nexu macrumors member

15. tmiw macrumors 68000

I don't follow Germany all that much (other than knowing that cash is used a ton there). Why don't they want it to happen?

16. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Link to source?
    I have a feeling it's Infrastructure (Gov) is still on Linux and well chancellor still carry's the other fruit branded phone.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    Excellent. I honestly think you should have a trust friend do a quick video of yourself making an online purchase - something small but relevant to your monthly expenses/needs and then one where you're at a retailer and showing how this enables your security of independence! Then at the end of the video show statistical information (if you can):

How many citizens are in wheelchairs in Germany vs Italy,
    How many robbery's to such citizens occur.
    travel arrangements - make the push for Uber and heck even some form of public wheel transit to also comply to both Apple Pay/Android Pay (to allow for choice).

then have a local TV news station air it or even send a copy to a purson from goverment for your ward or neighbourhood that could maybe champion this further up.

Cheers.

17. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

First, I have to wait for my German bank to accept AP (I don`t want to use boon). 2. My CC is not contactless. 3. Security of AP vs. plastic card, 4. Problems to get out my wallet from where it is or I need help. 5. Get my money (fast!) out of my wallet.
    If someone is sitting in a wheelchair, not stupid, knows about Samsung Pay and/or Apple Pay or he/she is interested in such systems, then it will be adopted automatic, I think.

Hell, in Kenya the people pay already with there phones. We`ve got to wait and wait and wait.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    Sparkasse is interested. They said that, so, I hope.

18. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

I completely understand you points and tthat is EXACTLY why i quoted you and posted a reply. Its specific to thr issues youre already facing and the inconvenience along with the security.

Since youre still going through bith without Apple Pay then my suggestion would help push the agenda further into reality vs just now waiting that hose not stupid but ignorant to your plight since they may not be exposed nor have it in their daily conciousness would be made aware.

All my post stated was to make action vs waiting for all the reasons you require AP ;)

19. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

Someone started a petition, here in Germany, for AP, 12.000 supporters, if I recall it correctly.

20. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Excellent!! That's great to hear.

21. PR1985, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

PR1985 macrumors 6502a

22. Rexel macrumors newbie

Rexel