Apple Advance Replacement - iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlin615, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jlin615 macrumors regular

So I've just called up AppleCare to get a replacement for my iPhone4 purchased from Apple retail couple days ago because I don't really wanna deal with going back to the retail store because they are always extremely busy.

Anyways, the AppleCare rep I've talked to said they are going to send me a brand new unit in retail box. So I asked her what do I send back and she said "just the phone itself". Then I asked what about the box and accessories that my retail packe came with, then she says again "just the phone itself".

Has any of you dealt with Apple Advance Replacement for iPhone 4? And do they really send you a brand new sealed in box unit?

2. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

With the iPhone being so new there is a high probability that ur replacement is new.. However I think I'll have to send the charger back too.. But Then. Again I don't think they care as long as they get the phone back

3. MKang25 macrumors regular

The advance replacement is not the OEM retail stuff. Its just a plain black packaged box with JUST the NEW Iphone. They have these boxes for new replacement units specifically so they don't have to worry about the other accessories.

4. smash1031 macrumors member

Just send your defective phone back. Do not send any of the accessories.