Apple advert in N64 game

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ThunderRoad, May 2, 2013.

1. ThunderRoad macrumors member

Was playing International Superstar Soccer 98 on my N64 (yeah it's 2013, what of it?)recently. Anyway I noticed that the boards around the side of the pitches included Apple adverts. This struck me as weird, as I can't remember Apple ever endorsing a videogame or similar product in such fashion. I'm sure product placement must go on all the time, but I can't recall them ever openly advertising like this.

Was it just something they did in years gone by? I can't imagine them doing it now.

[​IMG]

Hope this topic is in the right place. Just struck me as interesting.

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Good catch, right place as any

Good find on the apple advert. I don't play that game, don't play any game much anymore but that is neat. Thank you for sharing.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Probably the only time they advertised in a video game; but they do product placement in TV shows and movies all the time. When you see an Apple product in a TV show or movie, odds are Apple paid to have it there. Look in the credits for "promotional consideration by..."

4. Applequadra macrumors newbie

Advertising 1996 - 1998

Because of apples loss of sales just before steve returned they were spending way too much budget on all types of advertising which failed and this game was probably designed in 96 to 97 so this is probably why :)