Apple AirPod - replacing a lost bud

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lostboy500, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Lostboy500 macrumors newbie

anyone have any luck with replacing a lost AirPod? Apple support seems to be clueless and I keep getting transferred around and shockingly most stores don't have them in stock. I can't be the first person to lose one of these things...

2. danniexi macrumors 6502

According to Apple's iPhone Service Pricing Page: https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

AirPod
    If you need service for your AirPods or charging case, there's no charge if the issue is covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty or consumer law.

Our warranty covers a defective battery, but it doesn’t cover wear from normal use. If the battery capacity on your AirPods or charging case decreases over time, you can replace them for a battery service fee.

If your AirPods or charging case get damaged accidentally, you can pay an out-of-warranty fee. And if you lose an AirPod or your charging case, we can replace your lost item for a fee.

Model Battery service Out-of-warranty Lost
    AirPods $49 each $69 each $69 each
    Charging case $49 $69 $69

So basically, you need to call Apple Support or go to your nearest Apple Retail Store and order a replacement for the lost AirPod. Clearly the people you spoke with have no idea what they are doing. Refer them to the link above if necessary and have them actually do some work to help you on your way. Others have gone through the same ordeal (while dealing with the same ignorant customer reps) only to have finally ordered their replacement AirPods after going though the same process as you did. Be sure to have the original box with you (with the serial numbers and what not) when calling or going to the Apple Retail Store. I'm not sure how quickly you will be able to receive them.