Apple AirPods Case Battery Drain

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
The case of my AirPods doesn’t seem to hold a decent charge anymore, I use my air pods daily obviously but I recall the charging case having a better battery life than what I’m currently experiencing, I had these AirPods since the AirPods were first introduced over about 2 years ago (not sure exact release date of the AirPods)

I tried performing a reset of the AirPod case by holding the back button for 15 seconds until the light flashed amber and then white which essentially unpaired the AirPods from my iPhone X and then I re-paired the AirPods with my iPhone , I charged AirPods case to 100 in morning and now the case is at 74% percent so it’s draining, i used my right AirPod for several hours today and so the AirPod case had to do charging but I feel like it’s battery life has certainly gone down.

aamoren3

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have also had my AirPods since release. Over the last few weeks I have definitely noticed a decline in the battery life of my case. In the last couple of days I have had to charge my case daily and the AirPods themselves have been dying even through an hour or so of a FaceTime call.

Curious if this is a more widespread issue.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
I'm having this issue too, and also connectivity issues. One AirPod will disconnect while listening.

Reactions: majid23

supedagod

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
My AirPods have become almost unusable on a call, using just as headphones to watch stuff they’ll last at least 2 hrs on a call 5 minutes guess generation 2 can’t get here fast enough

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Same boat.

You know the theory, Apple’s products start to act wonky when a successor is on the horizon.

Cue AirPods 2.

Prepare your pockets.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Yeah, I have the same problem. My 10 month old Air Pods immediately show 99% once I remove them from the case. After 3,4 min of use a steady drop of battery life occurs - already at 93%. The case itself drops to 95% within a min. I honestly don't wear these for hours at a time

Now that I see AirPods 2, well...maybe, eventually maybe. Who knows? I don't suspect the price will drop on these new ones, they never did for the originals.